Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Our Ladybug's 1st birthday party - Ladybug style

Our lil ladybug recently celebrated her 1st birthday!

Alot of time and effort was put into her special day!

Instead of bowls for the food, I handpainted $2 pots and turned them into ladybug pots! You just need to purchase a pot from your local cheapy shop, paint them and glue on back pom poms...I also added a few ladybugs to finish it off!


I also made sure the kids had plenty of activities to keep them entertained (and less chance of trashing our home). I purchased wooden wands from an craft shop and painted them up in boy and girl colours. The kids then decorated them at the party!





I set up an outdoor craft table for the kids to work their magic. Sure beats kids running havoc in your house trashing all the bedrooms!


We then had a treasure hunt in the backyard. All you need to do is visit an art supply store or $2 shop and buy tubs of plastic 'jewells' and pirate coins. Throw them throughout the yard and give the kids a bag to fill up. The fullest bag wins a prize!



Looking for some treasure


We also had pinata fun, donut games and then some waterslide fun (the joys of a summer party).



Our 4 bugs

"HEY, THATS ME!!"


YUM YUM....eat up everyone!!

"IT'S MY PARTY AND I WILL CRY IF I WANT TOO"

Instead of stuffing lollybags for the kids, they were all sent home with a personalised lollypop (littledance invitations...check them out...sensational products available)


Bring on the next party now......Number 3 has requested a Wiggles party!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi! My name is Jenn and I was just wondering if you knew that NickMom.com was using a picture of your daugther from this post? I assume that you didn't because they are currently in a lot of hot water for stealing bloggers photos and ideas and using them as their own.... but I thought I'd give you a heads up :) (Its a cute picture!!) Feel free to email me if you want to! SuperJennHethcoat at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, your photo was reposted here:
    http://www.nickmom.com/more-lols/five-unhappiest-birthdays-on-the-internet-picdump/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for letting me know. I can't seem to see it, link is broken and when I google it it says page is gone???
    How did you work out it was from my page?? :)

    ReplyDelete